Sunday, January 23, 2011

Delicious Vegetarian Pizza

I was about to make a grocery run to Whole Foods earlier, when I stopped to look up a few quick recipes before I left. I have a bad habit of going to the grocery store and leaving with tons of breakfast and lunch stuff i.e. carrots, celery, peanut butter, frozen fruit and end up with nothing to cook a meal. I came by a recipe for a yummy looking vegetarian pizza and decided to splurge a bit and have that for dinner tonight. Michelle thought it sounded really good and made one too. It was super simple to make and was absolutely delicious, so I decided to share it on here in case anyone is looking for something new to make:

Ingredients:
  • 1 thin pre-baked pizza crust (we used a whole wheat flatbread)
  • 1 16 ounce can *vegetarian* barbecue baked beans, drained slightly (couldn't find bbq baked beans so we got baked beans and spread some bbq sauce first on the bread)
  • 1 1/2 cups shredded pizza cheese blend
  • 3/8 tsp dried oregano
  • 1 8 ounce can pineapple tidbits, drained well
  • 1 small red or green bell pepper, thinly sliced

Preparation:

Heat oven to 425 degrees. (we did 400 degrees as indicated by the flatbread package)

Place crust on large baking sheet. Spread with beans within 1/2 inch of sides. Combine cheese and oregano. Sprinkle half cup of cheese over beans. Arrange pineapple and pepper on top. Sprinkle with remaining cheese.

Bake 11 to 13 minutes or until shell is crisp and cheese is melted. Remove to cutting board. Make three cuts lengthwise and three cuts crosswise.

Michelle used mozzarella cheese, red peppers, pineapple and vegan sausage.

I did a cheese blend, green peppers and pineapples.

First step with bbq sauce and baked beans:






Second step adding the cheese:






Last step adding the toppings:






The ingredients listed made enough for both of our pizzas and more so you have enough to make a few depending on the size of the crust you're using. Also here is a link to the site where I found the recipe: http://vegetarian.about.com/od/kidfriendlyrecipes/r/beanpizza.htm

Enjoy! =)

2 comments:

  1. Hi, Liz!! I know I haven't commented lately, but I wanted to tell you that I've been reading your blog. I'm so glad you're doing this. It's nice to hear from you. I think it's awesome that you're out there following your dreams. How awesome that you got to go to a grammy after party?

    I just wanted to let you know we just made your pizza! David and I just put it together and put it in the oven. We did light BBQ sauce, vegetarian baked beans, cheese, red bell peppers, pineapple, and vegan sausage. It looks delicious, and we're excited to eat it in a few minutes. Thanks for the idea! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Buy all your Dental Supplies in the Best Dental Supply Store at an affordable price for your Dental Clinic. Please Checkout Optimus Dental Supply.

    ReplyDelete