Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Food Trucks Are The New Black.

My sister made it clear to me that one of our missions during her visit to LA was to find the infamous grilled cheese food truck and try the mac n' cheese grilled cheese. I am, admittedly, obsessed with The Food Network...so of course I had been following their new show 'The Great Food Truck Race' ..which made me all the more interested in seeing what all the food truck hype was about. We were looking for something fun to do when we found out the Abbot-Kinney Festival was happening over in Venice. When we looked online and saw the grilled cheese truck was going to be there too it was a done deal. The festival was awesome, lots of really cool vendors with different art pieces, jewelry, clothes, food, tons of stuff..like these adorable baby shirts:

How cute is that baby Hendrix shirt! Anyways..back to the mission. We found the grilled cheese truck and decided to spit the mac n' cheese sandwich and the brie, pear and honey sandwich. The line was suuuuper long, but in the end it was totally worth the wait. The sandwiches we got were absolutely amazing.

Mission accomplished.


4 comments:

  1. Those sandwiches look yummy!! Nom-nom! I must try them when I get out your way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alright, I'm a little jealous. I've been watching the show and really like it, as I like everything on Food Network. What a fun thing to be able to go to one of their trucks. Your sandwiches look amazing. I saw another blog post recently by someone who saw the trucks in Venice. http://www.thecottagesisters.com/2010/10/great-food-truck-race.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know, since you're living there, you really should go to Tito's Tacos. It's on Washington just off the 405. It's a little taco stand with the biggest crowd around it you will ever see. Try to get there before the fire department gets their lunch break. It's cash only and they do have an ATM there but there is an ATM fee. I go there every time I'm in L.A.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete