Thursday, October 21, 2010

It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year...

Halloween!! I'm not exactly sure why Halloween has always been my favorite holiday, but I've been thinking about it and it might have to do with some of the following: Candy (duh), Dressing up! Being an actor, I love dressing up as different characters so Halloween is just another excuse to be able to do that =), Getting really, really scared...I'm one of those people who will go see a scary movie even though I'll have nightmares for months after the movie..I guess I just love that anxious anticipation you feel when walking through a haunted house, hearing scary stories or seeing scary movies (eeek), also its one of the most beautiful times of the year, the weather is perfect and it smells like fall outside.

Some of my all time, won't sleep for months, favorite scary movies:














The pictures alone are completely creeping me out right now. Moving on to costumes...

It seems like the last few years I've had a harder time coming up with Halloween costume ideas. I think I'm just tired of seeing the same old costumes every single year. I loved my costume last year:
(On the right..Mia Wallace from Pulp Fiction, post drug overdose)














This year I am going to the Playboy Mansion Halloween party so I'm thinking something a bit sexier than what I'd wear to other Halloween parties. I've come up with these ideas..the first one is my favorite and the rest are probably all tied:

1) Raquel Welch's character, Loana, from the old cult film One Million Years BC: (I would have to make this costume because I can't find anything like it anywhere online)













2) 60's go-go hippie...kinda typical for me but what can I say I was born in the wrong generation:













3) I Dream of Jeannie, one of my favorite shows to watch (reruns) growing up:














4) Bettie Page style pin-up devil costume: (would have to put this one together myself)













5) Wonder Woman...who doesn't want to be a superhero?:














This is where I need help deciding!! Let me know what you think would be the best costume...I want something that I, hopefully, won't see on anyone else.

Happy Halloween!!!

3 comments:

  1. What about the candlestick guy from beauty and the beast?

    ReplyDelete
  2. But if not, I vote for the 1st cave girl one too

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loana from 100 Years BC, simply because how original it would be to go as her. (that and I think its super awesome you've seen the movie!)

    My 2nd pick would be Jeanie because she's just so gosh darn ADORABLE. I think the other choices are sorta given halloween costumes no offense. But if you can recreate the Lynda Carter version of Wonder Woman then that would be an exception!

    Also, for some reason I think you'd make an excellent Mary-Jane Watson

    ReplyDelete